Since 2000, Dr. Martin Redish of Chattanooga, Tennessee has been one of the nation’s leading orthopedic surgeons to develop and practice the Repicci Technique for partial knee replacement. This minimally-invasive resurfacing technique only replaces the damaged section of the knee, leaving as much of your natural joint intact as possible.
Over the last 15 years, orthopedic surgeon Dr. Redish has performed over 1,300 partial knee replacements with a 95% success rate. He’s worked with leading medical device companies to create state-of-the-art, custom implants to make this procedure smooth and efficient. Dr. Redish’s published research is used to train other orthopedic surgeons to perform this procedure.
Advantages of the Partial Knee Replacement Technique
- Outpatient or one-night hospital stay
- Minimal blood loss
- 90% of patients do not require formal physical therapy after surgery
- Minimal amount of foreign material implanted results in very low infection rate and usually no need for antibiotics
- The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), important knee stabilizers, are preserved
- Following surgery, patients usually maintain a normal walking gait and rarely lose any flexibility
- Of those who've undergone both a total knee replacement on one side and a partial knee replacement on the other, 80% prefer the partial for its more flexible, natural feeling
Are You A Candidate?
Partial knee replacement can be an option for patients with degenerative arthritis (osteoarthritis). When your quality of life is severely affected by joint pain, you could be ready for surgery.
- Do you have pain predominately on one side or the other of your knee?
- Have you been told that the cartilage is worn out in your knee?
If the answer is yes, the care team at Parkridge Bone & Joint can help you live without knee pain.
We offer a free screening of your knee x-rays to see if you are a good candidate. You may bring them with you during your office appointment or send them to:
Parkridge Bone & Joint
2205 McCallie Ave, Suite 102
Chattanooga, TN 37404